Fish’N Stuff is hosting the Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series. The Series is unlike any previous fishing tournament series – you don’t have to fish in a new event! Instead, you fish the events you normally fish throughout the year and, for those that are qualified events for the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series, you get points based on your finish in the event. Over the course of the year, you can fish as many events as you want, but only your top five event scores count toward your total. The entry fees are low - registration is $100 per angler, in-store, online or by mail. There is also an optional $25 big bass annual pot.
BIG BASS SPONSOR AWARDS SPONSOR
Here is how it works. Have your club president or tournament trail director qualify the event for the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series in advance. The requirements are simple- send us a copy of your bylaws or rules. If you are already qualified for other tournament incentive programs, like the Bass Cat Quest Program, send in a copy of the sanction from that program to qualify.
Monthly Prizes: Monthly prize packs will be awarded to the top three registrants who accumulate the most points during that calendar month only.
Monthly Random Drawing: Once a month everyone registered for the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series will be entered into the monthly prize drawing which will be shown live on-line, regardless of your current score.
Points are awarded based on your finish and bag weight, and you even get points for participating. Since smaller tournaments and larger tournaments will both be eligible, we’ve created a points system to provide an extra bonus for larger tournaments along with a few bonus chances. Anglers will receive both “finish” points and “pounds” points for a single tournament based upon the charts below. For example, a 3rd place finish in a 30 boat tournament where the angler catches 15.5 pounds is worth 105 points (75 + 30).
- To earn “finish” points, an angler must weigh at least one legal fish in the tournament to be counted toward his total. Each angler participating in the tournament, regardless of whether they catch any legal fish, will receive 20 participation points.
- For any weight over 31 pounds and up, an additional 5 points per pound above 30 pounds is awarded.
Once a tournament event is qualified, as long as 15 boats participate in the event, your results count toward your standings in the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series. Simply have your tournament director or club president send in the results. For every tournament participant that is also registered with the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series, we will include their results in our standings. For team events, each person will get the same score based on the team finish.
Fishing Report Bonus: You can earn an additional 5 points, to be applied to a specific tournament event score, if you come into Fish’N Stuff to give a fishing report within 7 days of the tournament date for which you are providing a report.
Weigh-In Photo Bonus: You can earn an additional 5 points, to be applied to a specific tournament event score, if you send in a photo of you within 7 days of the tournament date, from the weigh-in showing you with your Fish’N Stuff Hat, Shirt, or buff with the Fish 'N Stuff logo showing.
- Tournaments must have a written structure and rules for each event which must be provided to the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series Tournament Director. The target species for a tournament must be Largemouth, Smallmouth, or Spotted Bass. Starting and completion times must be regulated. The format must be organized and accepted as a common tournament structure with a 5-fish limit. The tournament must be qualified by the Tournament Director in advance and accepted before any points will be awarded to anglers fishing in an event. Revolutionary formats are open to acceptance by the Tournament Director.
- Points will only be awarded for tournaments in which the qualifying tournament’s tournament director, club president, or other designated tournament official, send in the results. Results must be submitted within 15 days of the qualifying tournament’s conclusion.
- By participating in the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series, each participant agrees to comply by these rules and the rules of the events for which points are awarded. Failure to abide by any rule or requirement may result in disqualification which is at the sole discretion of the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series Tournament Director.
- Only tournaments fished in Arkansas can be qualified.
- You can register anytime but only tournament results from events held after you sign up will be included in your point total.
- All prizes are to be picked up at Fish’N Stuff, 6506 Warden Road, Sherwood, AR 72120. Fish’N Stuff may require the winner(s) to provide a W-9, Form 590, or W-8 BEN as a condition of awarding any prize.
- The Tournament Director may impose additional requirements for sponsor program compliance.
- Live bait is prohibited. Any tournament which allows live bait cannot be qualified and no points will be awarded for participation in such events. There is no prohibition on the use of umbrella rigs unless their use is prohibited by the tournament which is being qualified.
- For multi-day tournaments, “pound” points will be awarded based upon the average weight per day caught during the days fished for that event.
- In order to receive points above the “Participation” level, the registered angler or team must weigh at least one legal fish in the qualifying tournament.
- To qualify for participation in the Big Bass Pot, the fish must be officially weighed as part of a regular qualified tournament and reported in the tournament results submitted to the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series Tournament Director. Measured-only fish cannot participate in the Big Bass Pot.
- In the event of a tie, the registrant with the largest big bass officially weighed as part of a regular qualified tournament and reported in the tournament results submitted to the Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series Tournament Director wins. If a tie still exists, the next tiebreaker is the registrant participating in the lowest number of qualifying events. If the tie is not broken by applying the foregoing, the tie will remain a tie, and the monetary prizes for each competitor will be awarded in equal amount between the tied competitors.
- The Tournament Director may provide additional bonus point opportunities throughout the year.
- By participating, the registrant agrees to waive any rights of privacy or publicity with regard to the programs of the tournaments in which he appears and consents to Fish’N Stuff copyrighting, distributing, televising, publishing and using in any way the audio and visual portions of any television videotape, film and photographs or pictures of him or of interviews, scenes or other sequences in which he may be included, and any reproduction thereof, anywhere at any time through any medium or media for advertising, promotion, trade, television programming or other lawful purpose whatsoever; and he shall not be entitled to receive any royalties or other compensation in connection with such use.
- The Fish’N Stuff Arkansas Angler of the Year Tournament Series is not open to Fish’N Stuff owners or employees.